A list of lifeguarded beaches around Cornwall – updated July 2020
Concerns around the coronavirus pandemic means that not all beaches have lifeguard cover at the moment. Here’s an extensive list of the beaches in Cornwall that are currently being patrolled by the RNLI:
- Watergate Bay
- Mawgan Porth
- Holywell Bay
- Treyarnon Bay
- Constantine Bay
- Harlyn Bay
- Trebarwith Strand
- Hayle Towans
- Praa Sands
If you’re planning on getting in the sea, we’d highly recommend choosing to visit one of the beaches in the list above that has lifeguard cover. If you are thinking of heading elsewhere, here are our top tips on how to practice beach safety:
- Stick to your abilities – save learning a new water sport or teaching the kids how to bodyboard for another time when the beaches are patrolled.
- Know your limits – respect the fact that even the most confident of swimmers can get into trouble!
- If you’re going on your own, make sure you let someone know your plans – where you’re going and roughly how long you think you’ll be.
- Always look online for the latest advice before you head out – the RNLI and local coastguards regularly update info on swell conditions, tides, and general safety pointers.
- If in doubt, ask a local! They can advise on any rips, currents and other info that could potentially help save a life. If you’re still in any doubt, don’t go in the water – have fun on the sand and remember that the waves will still be rolling in when all the lifeguards are back!
Dog friendly beaches in Cornwall
With its epic coastline and gorgeous countryside, Cornwall is famed for its outdoors lifestyle – and that’s why it’s the […]
Coronavirus and holidays at Atlantic Reach in 2021/2022
We have made some significant changes to our offering for 2021 in order to still provide a safe home from home experience […]
Coronavirus and 2021 holidays at Atlantic Reach
Updated – 30th December 2020: Cornwall has now been designated Tier 3 in the Government announcement on 30th December 2020 […]