A list of lifeguarded beaches around Cornwall – updated July 2020
Concerns around the coronavirus pandemic means that not all beaches have lifeguard cover at the moment. Here’s an extensive list of the beaches in Cornwall that are currently being patrolled by the RNLI:
- Watergate Bay
- Mawgan Porth
- Holywell Bay
- Treyarnon Bay
- Constantine Bay
- Harlyn Bay
- Trebarwith Strand
- Hayle Towans
- Praa Sands
If you’re planning on getting in the sea, we’d highly recommend choosing to visit one of the beaches in the list above that has lifeguard cover. If you are thinking of heading elsewhere, here are our top tips on how to practice beach safety:
- Stick to your abilities – save learning a new water sport or teaching the kids how to bodyboard for another time when the beaches are patrolled.
- Know your limits – respect the fact that even the most confident of swimmers can get into trouble!
- If you’re going on your own, make sure you let someone know your plans – where you’re going and roughly how long you think you’ll be.
- Always look online for the latest advice before you head out – the RNLI and local coastguards regularly update info on swell conditions, tides, and general safety pointers.
- If in doubt, ask a local! They can advise on any rips, currents and other info that could potentially help save a life. If you’re still in any doubt, don’t go in the water – have fun on the sand and remember that the waves will still be rolling in when all the lifeguards are back!
Safety first! Important COVID-19 measures during your stay
It’s very nearly holiday time and we can’t wait to welcome you all back to wonderful Cornwall! In order to […]
The local takeaways on offer that you just have to try
The coronavirus pandemic might have forced all restaurants and pubs to shut back in March, but don’t panic – you […]
Book With Confidence 2020
Coronavirus – Book with Confidence 2020 In a challenging time of uncertainty and a time when world travel is going […]